Wednesday, July 13, 2011

3 horses Imported Lager Beer

Price: $2.99 (on special)
alc/vol: 5%
Serving: 500ml

Who couldn't resist a beer with three disembodied horse heads on the label and the word "Imported" printed a total of ten times? I couldn't.

This beer is imported from Holland (did I mention it was imported?) in what I can only assume is the same shipping container holding those pastel-coloured rectangular bubble gums that come with a free temporary tattoo of questionable toxicity (both tattoo and gum). Because this is what it taste like - malty molasses-flavoured softdrink with a few chemicals hurled in to round out the flavour and really give it that "what the shit is in this beer?" taste.

Ah it's not all bad though... It's got a good head and a nice honey colour to it when fresh out of the jumbo can. It kept solid in my pre-chilled handle but swiftly disappeared in my flatmate's room-temperature glass.

The sensation in the mouth is one of tingling and fizz but it's not really a "bubbles" kind of feeling which is a little odd. It reminded me of that old teenage drinking game circle of death where the vessel in the middle held the luke-warm backwashed remnants of on-special beer and flat homebrew attempts. I would drink it again, but I wouldn't be sure why...

Total score:

1 comment: